Modular Test Chamber for Rats
Lafayette Instrument Company's newest edition to the operant conditioning test chambers boasts features not found in other chambers, yet is fully compatible with all 3 inch wide modular panels available from other manufacturers. A shockable stainless steel grid rod floor comes standard with this unit. An optional (and less expensive) perforated stainless steel non-shock floor is available upon request. See Model 80004NS in the RELATED PRODUCTS tab for details.
Note: Model 80004 is for the chamber and grid floor only. It does not include the chamber accessories shown in the photo, a control, or a power supply. These items should be ordered separately as needed. Lafayette Instrument Company will be happy to assist with the design of a complete test system.
- Grid Rods and Pan: Stainless Steel
- Door, Back and Top: Polycarbonate
- Channel Supports and Filler Panels: Anodized Aluminum
- Base: Easily cleaned black 1/2" (12.7mm) matte-textured non-toxic polymer
- Overall: 23.5"L x 13.5"D x 10.375" H* (59.7 x 34.3 x 26.35 cm)
- Animal work space: 12"L x 10.25"D x 7.9"H (30.5 x 26.0 x 20.0 cm)
* Note: Some modular components extend above the top of the test chamber
- Grid Rod Floor: 0.188" (4.775mm) rods on 0.610" (15.494 mm) centers.
* Gap between rods 0.422" (10.72mm)
- Easily Removable top with just Four (4) large Thumbscrews
- Large Stainless Steel waste pan slides in and out without catching on channels for easier removal.
- Smooth pan rails that eliminate the gap between the pan and the modular panels found in other systems. This eliminates a potential distraction and creates a test environment that is easier to clean.
- Channel Supports that can not twist for no-bind module removal.
- A heavy-duty latch that is easier to close and can not be accidentally opened.
- A full line of modules are available including nose pokes, simple tone, tone with intensity control, variable frequency tone, stimulus light with or without intensity level, standard or extra thick response levers, pellet or liquid reward, simple receptacle, or receptacle with door, head entry detection, and light.
- Available for basic operant studies, drug discrimination, drug self-administration, or other applications with or without sound attenuating cubicles.
- LIC Operant Chambers run on ABET Interface and Programming Systems